Upgrading EPiServer Commerce 1 R2 SP1 to EPiServer Commerce 7.5, part 2

So the first thing I had to do was upgrading from version 1 R2 SP2 to 1 R3. I followed the procedure as described in the SDK. The first problem I ran into was that the upgrade script failed. In some way the application pool for the commerce manager could not be restarted. As I … Continue reading Upgrading EPiServer Commerce 1 R2 SP1 to EPiServer Commerce 7.5, part 2

Simplify the use of the EPiServer Cache

I am a huge fan of PostSharp. One of the reasons is that I don't like to do the same thing over and over again. I use the EPiServer Cachemanager quite a lot, but do not like to keep writing the same code over and over again. If not in cache, get stuff, put it … Continue reading Simplify the use of the EPiServer Cache

Attaching ContentProviders programmaticly

The problem I experienced this problem also with EPiServer PageProviders in EPiServer 6, and it still exists in EPiServer 7. Well, it's only a problem when you want Editors/Admins to be able to add ContentProviders "on the fly", and on a load balanced environment it poses even more of a problem, as configs are not … Continue reading Attaching ContentProviders programmaticly

Custom output for EPiServer pages, pt 3

Using the Output channels within MVC requires a slightly different approach than with WebForms. So, I created a few Controllers A JsonController that handles the output for JSON. A XmlController that handles the output for XML. A TxtController that handles the output for TXT. A PdfController that handles the output for PDF. The Channels get … Continue reading Custom output for EPiServer pages, pt 3

Custom output for EPiServer pages, pt 2

A comment on my last post, "Custom output for EPiServer pages", said that it would me more clean to have content rendered based on content negotiation, rather than on a querystring parameter. I don't look on an url segment as a querystring, and you cannot always force the Content-Type or Accept header for the one … Continue reading Custom output for EPiServer pages, pt 2

Custom output for EPiServer pages

What I needed I wanted to be able to render different output formats for a page created in EPiServer. My requirements were: Render the different output through a segment in the url, not through the querystring. Control over what gets rendered in the output. The solution I started with creating the output formats I wanted. … Continue reading Custom output for EPiServer pages

Creating a unit test for my custom Localization provider.

After creating my Localization provider, I wanted to create some unit test for it. I took Joel Abrahamsson’s  Tests for the EPiServer 7 MVC templates as a starting point. As this is a localization provider, which uses e.g. strongly typed lookups I needed to add more “Fakes” to the CmsContext, e.g. the ContentTypeRepository and the … Continue reading Creating a unit test for my custom Localization provider.